Connection issues with a N14 and M11
05-25-2024, (Subject: Connection issues with a N14 and M11 ) 
Connection issues with a N14 and M11
This is my first forum post and I’d appreciate any help. I have a question for someone with knowledge on hooking up to a Cummins N14 Celect Plus or a M11 Celect. A friend and I tried to connect to these two engines and neither would work using his factory software and Nexiq usb 2. Is there a special adapter used to hook to these engines?
replyreply
RE: Connection issues with a N14 and M11
Those old engines typically need the adapter set to the old J1708 protocol to communicate with them.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chaney7c
(05-25-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  Those old engines typically need the adapter set to the old J1708 protocol to communicate with them.
We tried that on both by setting the connection to J1708 with no luck. These were both mid nineties engine models with a six pin plug. Another friend said that we might need an old style harness adapter or an Inline adapter.
replyreply
05-29-2024, (Subject: Connection issues with a N14 and M11 ) 
Could it be that I need the 2 pin powered adapter?
replyreply
05-29-2024, (Subject: Connection issues with a N14 and M11 ) 
(05-29-2024 )Chaney7c Wrote:  Could it be that I need the 2 pin powered adapter?

I don't work on N14 engines ... they belong in a museum (or used in non-commercial applications) at this point.

However, the last time I connected to one, about 5 or 6 years ago, I did so on the 2-pin connector out on the engine harness itself, using my inline-5 adapter and the 2-pin plug adapter (part of the "weather-pack" connector kit) that came with it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.