Wiring problem after wiring "repair"
05-26-2024, (Subject: Wiring problem after wiring "repair" ) 
Wiring problem after wiring "repair"
I have a 2016 389 2350 that I took into a small shop awhile ago.
My coolant kept dinging all the time intermittently even after a new tank so I got the shop to take a look.
The looked into the wiring and said they fixed a few wires and the coolant alarm wasn't going off anymore. Problem was that then...the fan wouldn't stop running. Hooked to InSite and they said it was the AC fan switch. It was winter and I didn't need the AC so they shut it off in InSite and the fan worked perfectly. I would have left it but I had to be on the road the next day.

But now it's getting warmer and I turned the switch back on and took a look at things.
There's about 11v on one wire (green) on the AC fan switch plug all the time. The second wire (white or grey) has about 4v all the time.

Then I checked the coolant level sensor and it's got no power at all going to it (also green and whitish wires).
Followed the harness to the drivers side of valve cover and see that both the green wires were cut and had been repaired.
One green has about 11v and the other has no voltage.
So I'm wondering if they mixed the wires when they spliced them.
How much voltage should be going to the AC fan switch? And how much to the coolant sensor?
I tested voltage at the low and high pressure AC switches on the firewall and there was 12-13v running to one wire on each switch.
I'm going to play with it a bit more tomorrow. If I can't get it...I'll have to take it a couple hours to nearest dealer.
Thanks
replyreply
05-27-2024, (Subject: Wiring problem after wiring "repair" ) 
RE: Wiring problem after wiring "repair"
ALL of the sensors supply and inputs to the ecm itself are +5 volts, not +12volts. If some complete morons wired the ecm coolant switch or other inputs into the ecm to +12volts,.. then they very well can cause damage to the ecm and/or other sensors connected to that same circuit.

The A/C high pressure switch for a specific vehicle however, .. I cannot answer for, as it is not typically connected to the ecm directly.

Register your engine ser# on quickserv.com.. and you can get access to the wiring diagram for the ecm.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Skman

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.