Free Flowing CM871 EGT's
06-11-2024, (Subject: Free Flowing CM871 EGT's ) 
Free Flowing CM871 EGT's
Hey guys I was wondering what kind of EGT's you are seeing out there loaded up hills with your CM871's? There is one I look after that has had the @m*m^2 procedure done on it with no added fueling because that portion of things could not be figured out at the time, the truck seems to not have any issues yet. I took it out yesterday loaded with 14.5 tons of rock up a decent hill and was seeing 1100*F. I am sure I could have touched 1200*F if the throttle was mashed but I am not needing to create more work for myself and tear this thing up.lol.. The Pyro is mounted in the manifold pre-turbo. Thanks for any insite!
replyreply
06-12-2024, (Subject: Free Flowing CM871 EGT's ) 
RE: Free Flowing CM871 EGT's
(06-11-2024 )2001Cummins Wrote:  Hey guys I was wondering what kind of EGT's you are seeing out there loaded up hills with your CM871's?
The Pyro is mounted in the manifold pre-turbo.

Post turbo EGT's (with an actual EGT gauge and probe, and not the engine estimate) would be in the 1050F - 1100F range. 1150F would be starting to push things.

Pre-turbo, this would be 1100F - 1250F range.

(06-11-2024 )2001Cummins Wrote:  There is one I look after that has had the @m*m^2 procedure done on it with no added fueling because that portion of things could not be figured out at the time

Changing the power/torque settings should have nothing whatsoever to do with "adding fueling". Your statement makes whoever was tweaking on the programming sound very sus. - You should copy the program from the ecm and e-mail it to me to ensure it was done 100% correctly, and/or at the very least, that it does not need some kind of serious updates applied to it.

- Also, what kind of boost levels was it getting up to, and what was the oil temps doing?. - Those are also just as important as the EGT's, as internal engine friction and other important factors can be determined by those numbers as well.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
06-13-2024, (Subject: Free Flowing CM871 EGT's ) 
RE: Free Flowing CM871 EGT's
Hey Rawze thanks for the feedback, boost was right at 38PSI under full load and the engine oil temp was around the 230*F. This engine only has 250K original miles on it the MAP sensor has been replaced and the crank case filter has been drilled I will email the program over to you shortly too look over thank you very much!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.