Paccar px6 cm2150 vgt problems
06-13-2024, (Subject: Paccar px6 cm2150 vgt problems ) 
Paccar px6 cm2150 vgt problems
Hello all. I have a paccar px6 or a Cummins isb cm2150 having vgt trouble. I am getting codes for abnormal update rate 2636, mechanical system not responding 2387, 3616 vgt nozzle position not responding or out of adjustment. Changed out the actuator and calibrated it with insite. Still getting codes. Turbo vanes seem to move freely enough. Doesn’t appear to have a boost leak. Ran a new wire from battery to actuator pigtail power. Ran another wire from pigtail to ecm plug on signal wire. No change. Ran new data link wires from actuator pigtail to ecm. No change. I do see as per schematic there is a termination resistor at the diagnostic port, which puzzles me, also another termination resistor on the harness which I can not find. Would anyone have any info that they think might help. Truck is a 2008 Kenworth single axle cube body.
replyreply
RE: Paccar px6 cm2150 vgt problems
Are you getting 60 ohms on the datalink with the key turned off ? You'll need to let it sit with the key off for about 5 minutes before checking it.

If your getting 120 ohms or some other value other than 60, then you might be missing a terminating resistor or the wiring is damaged somewhere.

Is this thing demandated? If so did someone remove the def tank ?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Kiko
Looks like I’m getting 120 ohms. Truck has not been demandated. I guess the question now is where are the terminating resistors.
replyreply
Correction on that. I tried it with the actuator unplugged. With it plugged in I am getting 60.5 ohms.
replyreply
06-14-2024, (Subject: Paccar px6 cm2150 vgt problems ) 
Sometimes a turbo does not throw positioning error those codes until its warmed up good and starts to hang up due to something getting warped inside it.

Take it on a test drive and record the 'Commanded" and "measured" positions while it starts to act up, and see what they are. - It should be less than 2% difference, and if it gets higher then this then something is wrong with it mechanically.

Also check to ensure the gear arm is not cracked .. here is an example...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid74684

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.