Loosing cylinder 456
06-25-2024, (Subject: Loosing cylinder 456 ) 
Loosing cylinder 456
I have a CM2250. I can let it sit for 2 days and when I go to leave out on Monday morning, I can go exactly 4 miles, and it will start bogging down, and not wanting to go, the entire time its blowing out white smoke and you can smell the diesel. I can roll to the shoulder and let it idle for about 15 minutes and it will go back to running properly. I can plug into the ecm and do a cylinder cutout test, and I don't have cylinders 4,5,and 6, while its doing this. And I have to run a cetane booster with every fill up, if not it will run as if though its in a bind. And run about 5 degrees warmer than normal, I've replaced injector 4,5, and 6, and still the same problem. I have had a new injector pump put on, new, pickup pump, new ecm, new turbo, new boost sensor, and a new sensor, the one that's over off the thermostat housing, I desperately need help. Any one else has had a issue with this. 08JDill
replyreply
06-26-2024, (Subject: Loosing cylinder 456 ) 
RE: Loosing cylinder 456
What codes are you getting?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
06-26-2024, (Subject: Loosing cylinder 456 ) 
Sounds like all your missing is an engine harness or an injector harness, sounds like you have 1 of the rear bank cylinders shorting out and since the ecm is load limiting and cannot determine which of the 3 cylinders is causing the short so it shuts down the whole bank. Ecm has 2 injector drivers, a front bank and a rear. I’ve seemed it a hundred times, either the coil on the injector, injector harness got rubbed somehow, or the engine harness got chaffed somewhere, especially if you have eliminated all the other components. Hope this helps
replyreply
06-27-2024, (Subject: Loosing cylinder 456 ) 
Also., will it pass an injector leak test exactly like this video shows?... and if so, what is the leak rate?.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid75483

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.