Buying my First tractor, any advice is greatly appreciated!
10-09-2016, (Subject: Buying my First tractor, any advice is greatly appreciated! ) 
RE: Buying my First tractor, any advice is greatly appreciated!
Mmmm it's been my experience in trucking that people or companies will tell you one thing and do another. Don't bite off to much truck payment. Contracts are only as good as the companies words. Someone's always trying to bleed you to death in this industry so the sooner you own your equipment the better. Contracts are here today gone tomorrow.
Good luck.
replyreply
10-09-2016, (Subject: Buying my First tractor, any advice is greatly appreciated! ) 
(10-09-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  You should contact the guy that wants to sell his Prostar.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=954

Sounds like a win win to me. He's done most of the hard work already.
I think he said he's in OR. Truck is worth what he's asking plus all the extras, pending inspection.
If I was buying another truck now, that's what I'd be looking for. Fresh inframe, new clutch.
It needs new tires, about $3800.

You have some really good advice from the other guys.
Just don't get in too big a hurry, take your time and things will fall into place if it's meant to be.

My advice is to get the best truck you can start with and keep the payments and overhead as low as possible! The hardest part is getting to know the new truck and big repairs can hit you rapid fire, be ready for it.
Dang it!.....thats an awsome idea! I just sent him a PM. Hopefully he will seriously look at it.....I know I would.
replyreply
(10-09-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  You should contact the guy that wants to sell his Prostar.

I think he said he's in OR. Truck is worth what he's asking plus all the extras, pending inspection.
If I was buying another truck now, that's what I'd be looking for. Fresh inframe, new clutch.

Just don't get in too big a hurry, take your time and things will fall into place if it's meant to be.

My advice is to get the best truck you can start with and keep the payments and overhead as low as possible! The hardest part is getting to know the new truck and big repairs can hit you rapid fire, be ready for it.

Thanks man! For some reason when i click the link it wont allow me to see post even though im logged in? if someone could tag or message him for me i think it be an amazing idea! id rather go through someone trusted here with the knowledge im learning about, plus without the major headaches of buying a truck from someone not up to date with these maintinence plans and skills.
replyreply
(10-09-2016 )mmmm Wrote:  

Thanks man! For some reason when i click the link it wont allow me to see post even though im logged in? if someone could tag or message him for me i think it be an amazing idea! id rather go through someone trusted here with the knowledge im learning about, plus without the major headaches of buying a truck from someone not up to date with these maintinence plans and skills.

I sent you a PM with the text of the post with the contact info. Hopefully you two can work it out. I would really like to see you in this truck.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.