Buying my First tractor, any advice is greatly appreciated!
10-08-2016, (Subject: Buying my First tractor, any advice is greatly appreciated! ) 
RE: Buying my First tractor, any advice is greatly appreciated!
STEP 1-Download and read Rawze's book.
STEP 2-Reread the book, and absorb the important things you missed the first time through.
STEP 3-AFTER you have read the book twice and digested the information thoroughly, you will have the following to post for review;
-ECM download showing:
-active fault codes
-inactive fault codes
-if no fault codes, you can see if the ECM has been connected to very recently (indicating recent code clearing, possibly?)
-engine abuse history
-regen system history
-engine life average torque load
-photos of the cam and rocker assy's of the perspective trucks engine
-detailed inspection report of the perspective trucks overall condition
-oil sample lab results
-quite possibly other test/inspection results as well

IF you haven't yet purchased a truck and want to become an O/O, and you follow the above steps in order, you won't require much more advise, you'll already be on the track to success...

There was no Rawze's book when I bought my first truck. Lucky for me I had a few of the older guys who tolerated me back then and they took me under their wings and helped guide me. I didn't follow all of the steps, or in the order advised above, but the general plan was fairly similar...it has been successful for me, and I currently mentor a young fella. I printed the book and told him to read it, as I think it is very well laid out. I had 20+yrs as an O/O before I read it, and I picked up a thing or two that have improved my business. For the perspective or soon to be new O/O, it is an incredible foundation for startup success. Nothing can guarantee success, but this will absolutely make the transition go much smoother.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BiloxiDave

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buying my First tractor, any advice is greatly appreciated! - Hammerhead - 10-08-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.