Buying my First tractor, any advice is greatly appreciated!
10-08-2016, (Subject: Buying my First tractor, any advice is greatly appreciated! ) 
RE: Buying my First tractor, any advice is greatly appreciated!
(10-08-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  STEP 1-Download and read Rawze's book.
STEP 2-Reread the book, and absorb the important things you missed the first time through.
STEP 3-AFTER you have read the book twice and digested the information thoroughly, you will have the following to post for review;
-ECM download showing:
-active fault codes
-inactive fault codes
-if no fault codes, you can see if the ECM has been connected to very recently (indicating recent code clearing, possibly?)
-engine abuse history
-regen system history
-engine life average torque load
-photos of the cam and rocker assy's of the perspective trucks engine
-detailed inspection report of the perspective trucks overall condition
-oil sample lab results
-quite possibly other test/inspection results as well

IF you haven't yet purchased a truck and want to become an O/O, and you follow the above steps in order, you won't require much more advise, you'll already be on the track to success...

Thanks! im about 70 pages in and im very impressed thus far. rawze did a tramendis job and is very informative! im building an inspection/info needed list for when i go out searching for trucks with my mechanic as well. now it comes down to more reading and figuring out which year/ model, and engine would best fit me.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buying my First tractor, any advice is greatly appreciated! - msesatx - 10-08-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.