Buying my First tractor, any advice is greatly appreciated!
10-08-2016, (Subject: Buying my First tractor, any advice is greatly appreciated! ) 
RE: Buying my First tractor, any advice is greatly appreciated!
(10-08-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 )mmmm Wrote:  Thanks! im about 70 pages in and im very impressed thus far. rawze did a tramendis job and is very informative! im building an inspection/info needed list for when i go out searching for trucks with my mechanic as well. now it comes down to more reading and figuring out which year/ model, and engine would best fit me.

Congratulations Son, that's a term of endearment not an insult, sounds to me like that path your on will lead to your desired destination.
If you're best contract offer is in/out of Cali, then you need to obtain a DPF model at the oldest.
Around here, that would put an ISX as your best option. The primary reason is the programming. There are some extremely intelligent folks here that will be able to help diagnose and "tune" that engine to its maximum efficiency. Personally I would recommend the CM871. Others will chime in as well. I recommend it because it meets Cali requirements and does not have SCR/DEF removing some potential issues. It is also the particular model I have learned the most on.
That's MY opinion, ymmv.

Im pretty sure im on the younger/ less time experienced of the group, which i feel is great so i can just shut the F up and listen! lol
are you currently running a CM871? If so, which model are you using if you dont mind me asking.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buying my First tractor, any advice is greatly appreciated! - msesatx - 10-08-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.