isx will not start cranking low fuel pressure
11-20-2019, (Subject: isx will not start cranking low fuel pressure ) 
RE: isx will not start cranking low fuel pressure
(11-20-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  On a completely dry fuel system, it takes up to 4 or 5 cycles of letting the lift pump run for 2 minutes intervals at a time, cycling the key to get it to come back on each time. It can take another 4 or 5 cycles of 30 seconds each of cranking it to get it to fire off.

=============

-- I reduce this torture to the starter and batteries greatly by pressurizing the fuel tanks to 10 psi or so and bleeding the lines, compu-check ports on the gear pump, etc. really well. I will then cycle the key in the dash and let the lift pump run about 3 times. ... then, here is the typical result...

Here is how long it took to crank and run Waterloo's truck the very first crank up after doing this ...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid27361

I.E.> It took a total of about 40 seconds of cranking time to get the fuel all the way to the injectors, even with all of the lines, filters, and the pump purged of air.

The in frame in the Master's driveway... First start...

She fired right up, just as Rawze stated, I have the video out there on YouTube, and filmed it real time, from the first turn of the key, Rawze is in the driver seat.

This motor was bone dry in regards to fuel, hell, it had sat for what, 4 months? The break in the filming was to let the starter cool, even though it was only 27 seconds.

The initial start, 27 seconds...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpsfujvFKcM

The start, around 10 seconds...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hdRaSD9mqk

She is still rocking it...
replyreply
11-23-2019, (Subject: isx will not start cranking low fuel pressure ) 
I had no Idea it took so long for the fuel to reach the injectors . And theirs a little detail I didn't wanna tell in the story the first time :s because ..... Well It was kind of dumb lol . Well I decided to follow the directions of cummins about not filling the high pressure fuel filter even If I knew how stupid that was . Obviously Cummins don't want people dumping garbage in the injectors by mistake .
@EvoTrucker I cant imagine trying to work on these engines if it wasn't for Rawze . I Found him on youtube looking for videos about inspecting a Truck and from their the everything changed .

@Chamberpain @Rawze I find that it's not mentioned realistically in quickserve about how long it take the air to purge out the system . They mentioned about letting the lift pump make some pressure but I feel like it should be highlighted that the engine wont even sound like it could start until the air is out . This step is more important then it looks. Just by looking at Waterloo's truck cranking after all the appropriate steps have been followed to purge the air and it still took some good cranking to get the fuel in that short little distance . Imagine how long it takes when the job was not flawless or other factors add on to the equation . I mean not every truck is perfect and this could easily mislead someone into spending in parts that don't need change . Almost like it's on purpose lol

@waterloo happy for you brother keep it up.

Just wanted to mention . I did my class 8 drivers license in august of last year . In october I bought a truck and a couple intermodal container chassis . I saw a business opportunity and I had to skip some step in the learning curve and jump into it quickly . Man the amount of time I spent on Rawze.com reading reading and reading . I learned more stuff in a couple months then some old drivers have learned in their career.And the more I learn the more I notice that I need to learn a lot more . I'm not sure I would still be in this business if it wasn't for this site right here . This site with it's awesome community gave me all the tool's , knowledge and confidence I needed to keep going and to get my hands dirty and get the job done . I didn't spend any money on mechanics in my first year in business thanks to Rawze and the crew in here . I did work 1 000 000 hours, spent all my money on tools and was dirty every day for 1 year lol but after seeing how people profit from truck owner's I was not gonna contribute into this masquerade . I'm willing to pay an honest mechanic to do a quality work just like I'm willing to pay a doctor for medical attention . The problem is finding one . (BTW if you guys know anyone around here in Montreal let me know plz ) . One day an O/O I know bought a used truck with a 2250 and I was their pulling his sensors out and cleaning them telling him how important this was for his truck to be efficient and his mechanic came by to check it out and we started talking about the internal combustion process and the timing of it and how important the readings being accurate and told him about how they use egr for retarding the combustion for the right angle on these new generation of extremely high pressure fuel injection engines. The guy had no idea about this and was impressed by my ''preschool'' knowledge. I had just read Rawze post about the subject and Unilever talking about calculations for the amount of pressure that get inside the cylinder when detonation happens based on the psi from the turbo and the barometric pressure and ambient temperature yada yada if I remember well. I was there thinking to myself man those engines are much more complicated then the old school mechanics seem to think . I would never let anyone other then you guys tune it NEVER.
I will donate every chance I can and encourage everyone else to help keep this alive.
Thank you a million time for everything .

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar daycab cm871 485
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze
GC, welome to EPA trucking... ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Geared_Cortex
(11-23-2019 )Geared_Cortex Wrote:  ...
we started talking about the internal combustion process and the timing of it and how important the readings being accurate and told him about how they use egr for retarding the combustion for the right angle on these new generation of extremely high pressure fuel injection engines. The guy had no idea about this and was impressed by my ''preschool'' knowledge. I had just read Rawze post about the subject and Unilever talking about calculations for the amount of pressure that get inside the cylinder

The truly sad part is that all these ignorant, well funded, "delete" companies, shops, and tuning "experts" out there are about 100x more stupid than the drivers on this forum.

It comes down to the fact that none of them give 2 s$its about you or your equipment at all past getting your money and you out the door. - They don't have to own and run the trucks they are destroying all day every day + there is a constant long line of victims, each throwing thousands of dollars at them like mad, so therefore they deem it completely unnecessary to do anything different.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Geared_Cortex
(11-23-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(11-23-2019 )Geared_Cortex Wrote:  ...
we started talking about the internal combustion process and the timing of it and how important the readings being accurate and told him about how they use egr for retarding the combustion for the right angle on these new generation of extremely high pressure fuel injection engines. The guy had no idea about this and was impressed by my ''preschool'' knowledge. I had just read Rawze post about the subject and Unilever talking about calculations for the amount of pressure that get inside the cylinder

The truly sad part is that all these ignorant, well funded, "delete" companies, shops, and tuning "experts" out there are about 100x more stupid than the drivers on this forum.

It comes down to the fact that none of them give 2 s$its about you or your equipment at all past getting your money and you out the door. - They don't have to own and run the trucks they are destroying all day every day + there is a constant long line of victims, each throwing thousands of dollars at them like mad, so therefore they deem it completely unnecessary to do anything different.

The same can be said about most every dealership and repair shop... Truly criminal out here.
replyreply
Honestly before getting in this industry I had never seen anything like this in any other line of work . I really was and still am astonished at the size of the bills they trow at people without being accountable of anything . The problem is they know every downtime hour spent in the shop is not only costing you the labor but it's also costing you the paychek at the end of the line . So they know you need to get going asap and just rip you off of everything they can in the process . I mean I have seen repair bills close to the amount I have payed for the hole truck . WTF. Like Waterloo said it's f$%$/% criminal.

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar daycab cm871 485
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.