Propane injection
10-12-2016, (Subject: Propane injection ) 
RE: Propane injection
Unless you can get the propane for about 20% cheaper than of the cost of diesel per gallon, it is not worth the conversion in fuel consumption alone,.. and at that rate, it still will not pay not pay for having it done. You will be good to break even because propane has less energy per gallon. -- it is one of those things that if you aren't set up for it from the beginning and getting the fuel at wholesale costs (because you perhaps haul propane for a living?), or aren't being subsidized by the govt to run it, .. it is not worth it.

The second issue is that as soon as you pour a fuel of any type into the intake of a modern diesel, you loose all control of internal friction. -- bad things like liner fretting, fuel impongementm, and all other issues set in real fast. - This severely shortens engine life of these modern beasts.. they are noting like engine of yester-year.

Simply using some decent custom engine tuning and keeping the engine in tip top shape would far exceed any type of mods like this. Sounds like a bunch of smoke up someones arsse just like you hear on the XM rario and a bunch of false promises to me.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Propane injection - mmmmmm - 10-12-2016,
RE: Propane injection - Rawze - 10-12-2016
RE: Propane injection - Unilevers - 10-12-2016,
RE: Propane injection - Rawze - 10-13-2016,
RE: Propane injection - Rawze - 10-13-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.