Propane injection
10-13-2016, (Subject: Propane injection ) 
RE: Propane injection
(10-13-2016 )Kevin7898 Wrote:  For the average motor yes. But with the supporting mods done inside the motor as well as the ecm it's a viable option. Would there be a significant return on investment? Not for your average otr truck but in specialty applications where big power is required there are benefits. To be honest a water/meth injection would get you farther without adding volatile propane to a truck.

Just for clarification sake, I think we can all agree that this could be considered a "Big Power" requirement...#€€# it, let's call a spade a spade, this is the biggest power requirement on the road, and this forum is about exactly that, reliable OTR truck.
./uploads/201610/post_2077_1476381041_587212ad198a6fc13ed65478a9d1ddf2.jpeg
If propane, water/meth, whatever you like was that much of a real benefit, these guys would know about it, and use it. Some of these guys are actual O/O's. Just think of the revenue they could command if they could eliminate a truck or two. Yes that many, they hook up more pullers and pushers when they get to House River, Supertest, and other hills. I've seen 9 trucks on countless loads for the big hills. They run multiple extra trucks a couple hundred miles to do the big pulls/pushes.
Don't kid yourself, they do know about it. And they don't use it. One of these guys (I know of, & there's probably more than him) actually builds his own trucks. Yes multiple, he's built more than one!
THAT is a Power Requirement, if you're talking about having a power requirement so you can just sit on c/c and roll up and down the road all day at 75mph, go ahead and install your precious propane system. When you're in the shop getting overhauled due to premature engine failure, we'll all be out here delivering loads and earning our precious revenue with our reliable trucks...

Water injection does work. Go to the Museum of Flight in Seattle. It tells you all about it. The WWII planes with Merlin engines had a water injection system on them. It was a "bug out" system. When all else fails, and the pilot was in certain disaster, ICE break glass type, it added enough air speed to (hopefully) save his azz...but it was a toaster, if/when the plane got back the motor HAD to be overhauled due to the damage it sustained from using it. Other chemical injection is old technology, if it was effective, efficient, and reliable the OEM's would offer it. They are in fact competing against one another for market share, and if they had something that gave them an edge, we'll they're not stupid, they'd use it.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Propane injection - mmmmmm - 10-12-2016,
RE: Propane injection - Rawze - 10-12-2016,
RE: Propane injection - Unilevers - 10-12-2016,
RE: Propane injection - Rawze - 10-13-2016,
RE: Propane injection - Rawze - 10-13-2016,
RE: Propane injection - Hammerhead - 10-13-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.