Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: 3 cylinder fuel pump info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Jimeneztrans84, Thanks for the info!.....still waiting to hear from parts guy...must be bad, real bad, and he is afraid to call me! I'll check LKQ for used. EBay and Vanderhaggs are a bust.
Squish099, There is a long thread in this forum about 3cyl pumps, and it has pics of each pump. (I don't recall what it was named, but search down through the topics and you'll find it) What year is your truck? I have heard 2010-11 have 3cyl, 2012 2cyl with ceramic, and apparently some 13 and 14 by the looks of the letter Texasdude74 posted, then newer got 2cyl with steel.
Texasdude74 thans for the info, my truck is old 2011 with the 3cyl pump, but I never received any such letter, and I am the original owner???

Unilevers

2 piston 3 cylinder pumps have 8 headbolts. 2 cylinder 2 piston pumps have 4 headbolts.
If you have to buy new pump check out bigrigworld.com. they sell Cummins oem parts and cheaper than dealer. Ask them if they can give u a 10% discount. I think I seen it for 2,500 or 3,000 when I was looking.
(02-21-2017 )JMBT Wrote: [ -> ]Jimeneztrans84, Thanks for the info!.....still waiting to hear from parts guy...must be bad, real bad, and he is afraid to call me! I'll check LKQ for used. EBay and Vanderhaggs are a bust.
Squish099, There is a long thread in this forum about 3cyl pumps, and it has pics of each pump. (I don't recall what it was named, but search down through the topics and you'll find it) What year is your truck? I have heard 2010-11 have 3cyl, 2012 2cyl with ceramic, and apparently some 13 and 14 by the looks of the letter Texasdude74 posted, then newer got 2cyl with steel.
Texasdude74 thans for the info, my truck is old 2011 with the 3cyl pump, but I never received any such letter, and I am the original owner???
Quickserve says build date 31 Mar 2011. It's a 2012 Kenworth t660.. Guess I need to count headboard tonight..
Jimeneztrans84, did you have to buy the expensive diagnostic drain line to bleed the air out of the fuel system after switching the pump?? The cheapest I can find it is about $160...
I didn't do the swap. I took it to my friend
Gotcha!! Well it looks like I may have to buy the damn Cummins hose!
Two Piston Pump

Three Piston Pump

You guys who have performed the switch from the 3cyl to 2cyl fuel pump, I have two questions:
1) did you need the cummins diagnostic drain hose and fitting to get all the air out of the system. Quickserve directions say it "may" be needed
2) Does anything need to be changed, updated, or calibrated with insite after the install?
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's