Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Any cat guys on here? LEE troubleshooting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a c-13 it's a lee prefix (that's comparable to the SDP c-15 ) component wise.
I'm getting a miss that comes and goes like a faulty injector.
Before I got to look at this truck I was told several months before a new ecm was installed don't know why. 800hrs on it now. Cat dealer replaced a injector for the same problem but never fixed the issue. I did cylinder cutouts with no success if I drive the truck I can pinpoint maybe #2 injector so I replaced it did not fix the problem. I found bad fuel lines so I thought air?? They needed replaced they were worn badly so I replaced them. Still nothing no CEL tomorrow I'm going to look into crank sensors I had one before feel like it shut off and come back on with no CEL and it was the sensor so I'm looking there. Just looking for some input anyone give me ideas ?
Does that one have the AIT solenoid?
On my Sdp I had the wiring pigtail on the crank sensor rub through, the wires were literally intertwined.

Also had a very expensive time finding a misfire. Replaced all injectors, then replaced 3 more because I'm a idiot. Tried everything under the sun but finally a bench test showed I had no vacuum on my fuel pump. It would test within specs when we checked fuel pressure at idle but failed a bench test
(08-21-2017 )Nilao Wrote: [ -> ]Does that one have the AIT solenoid?

I'm not sure if I know what that is?
Id check fuel pressure first to make sure we got enough fuel flow. Get someone to test drive it with you hooked up and look over fault codes in both folders. Sometimes it will log it intermediately. Also when it does it you can start cutting our cycl. and find the one bad while going down the road. If you fill that no one injector is the cause I'd look at timing sensors either the crank or the camshaft. I got one here now been giving me fits. No codes either. So it went on and pulled the injector harness and found the IVA wires had rubbed into...

Unilevers

crank or cam sensors/wiring usually does it when everything else checks out. do the basics like fuel pressure etc first.
I did cut them out going down the road that's why #2 was replaced, fuel psi looked good I'm hoping to find something with crank or cam sensor. I inspected the internal harness when the injector was replaced.
Mr Hagg got the acronym right. I've been thinking a lot about army AIT. But it's the IVA solenoids I was thinking of.
Well I installed new cam and crank sensors took the truck for a ride still fludders like the injector. it only seems to do it when it's hot ,loaded and on a hill like fuel starving. So I put a gauge on it still good fuel psi no drop when missing/ shuddering occurs. Im not getting any faults or logged events starting to drive me crazy. And now the twin we have to this truck is doing the same. Wouldn't The intake valve actuators cause a fault some how?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's