Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Need guidance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The power divider is leaking out of the seal. Has anyone replaced the seal? How difficult is it? Any special tools needed? It's on a Volvo if that matters.
It is just silicone. Just slide it forward and clean it good and reseal it. The biggest issue is the internals. You have to pay close attention to the gears and lever in between they will try to fall out.
(09-07-2017 )Mr Hagg Wrote: [ -> ]It is just silicone. Just slide it forward and clean it good and reseal it. The biggest issue is the internals. You have to pay close attention to the gears and lever in between they will try to fall out.

Thank you. Seems like a pretty simply straight forward fix.
(09-07-2017 )Tcarpenter Wrote: [ -> ]The power divider is leaking out of the seal. Has anyone replaced the seal? How difficult is it? Any special tools needed? It's on a Volvo if that matters.

Question is WHY is it leaking?

* breather tubes get clogged up?

* Did it get overheated?

* Is the gears worn slap out and causing problems?

* Road debris hit it hard?

* It get twisted from running into the ditch?

* Is the silicone seal rotting out because of age? -- maybe it is a sign that it is time for new rears before it puts you on the side of the road?
(09-07-2017 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2017 )Tcarpenter Wrote: [ -> ]The power divider is leaking out of the seal. Has anyone replaced the seal? How difficult is it? Any special tools needed? It's on a Volvo if that matters.

Question is WHY is it leaking?

* breather tubes get clogged up?

* Did it get overheated?

* Is the gears worn slap out and causing problems?

* Road debris hit it hard?

* It get twisted from running into the ditch?

* Is the silicone seal rotting out because of age? -- maybe it is a sign that it is time for new rears before it puts you on the side of the road?

Very good points. I haven't dug into it yet so I'm unsure. I'm fixing it over the weekend, my father drives the truck while I drive a different one. We have the benefit of following each other. I'm guessing it's leaking due to age. It's a 2006 Volvo that we picked up at a pretty good price and haven't had any huge issues. Just Micky mouse stuff that needed taken care of. As normal you have pointed out extra things that could of caused it to start leaking. Always nice to have someone outside of the box point a few things out.
Reference URL's