Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Cascadia DD13 Oil Bypass Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone installed a bypass system on the Cascadia DD series engine? If so, where did you mount the unit? Did you purchase a "bypass kit"? If not a kit, what type of supply/return lines did you use? Where did you make the connections for supply and return? And lastly, do you think it's even necessary after 690k miles?
Any reduction of soot in the oil is good. It will not hurt to run a bypass filter.

As far as where to mount it, you need to find a space that works...safe from road debris, rubbing on the filter, and somewhere that clears the hood and other components. I used the amsoil kit...no complaints.

Buy a couple extra filters...keep one under your bunk just in case, shops won't carry them!

As far as hoses and fittings, I would decide where you plan on connecting the inlet and outlet, and stop by a hydraulic shop and pick up the correct fittings and hose. You can use reusable JIC, like I did so I can change the hose if needed, or have the shop custom make you a set.

As far as specifics on DD engines, I'm clueless there.
Reference URL's