Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: BIG Thank you to Mr. Hagg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mr. Hagg took time out of his day to give me the low down on flushing cm2250 after fuel pump failure and I appreciate it. I'm on west coast and he is on east so it was not possible to take it to him. I also thank all the rest of the users here that provide tons of information. I probably posted this in the wrong place but my intentions are true. Will post engine disassembly and flushing as I go.
(05-05-2018 )imalumberjack Wrote: [ -> ]Mr. Hagg took time out of his day to give me the low down on flushing cm2250 after fuel pump failure and I appreciate it. I'm on west coast and he is on east so it was not possible to take it to him. I also thank all the rest of the users here that provide tons of information. I probably posted this in the wrong place but my intentions are true. Will post engine disassembly and flushing as I go.

What was the first thing that made you realize your pump had failed? I'm curious for my own engine.
(05-05-2018 )tree98 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2018 )imalumberjack Wrote: [ -> ]Mr. Hagg took time out of his day to give me the low down on flushing cm2250 after fuel pump failure and I appreciate it. I'm on west coast and he is on east so it was not possible to take it to him. I also thank all the rest of the users here that provide tons of information. I probably posted this in the wrong place but my intentions are true. Will post engine disassembly and flushing as I go.

What was the first thing that made you realize your pump had failed? I'm curious for my own engine.
I purchased the truck at auction as a non running truck so the damage was already done, I knew nothing about the cummins fuel pump folly until researching which brought me here. I live in California and owned a high horsepower 79 Pete that was awesome! but CARB told me the only option was to retire truck :-( so I bought this one back in December and am just getting around to deciding if I bought a boat anchor or if its repairable. I spent three days working on it at auction yard, I was sure it was a fuel issue but not exactly sure what part the third day I was sitting in truck and pushed a button .... WOW the screen changed to a scroll! Hot Damn! pretty soon it said "high pressure rail" ...... how embarrassing! didn't know there was onboard computer :-)))))))
Reference URL's