Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Makita Sawzall that saved my arse today...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Check this little guy out... https://amzn.to/2VDTtA1

Saved my tail end removing a stubborn fuel strap nut/bolt. She fit right in the tight space and carved through the bolt like butter. Just thought I would throw it out there. ;-)
Makita make's high quality tool's.
(08-11-2018 )hhow55 Wrote: [ -> ]Makita make's high quality tool's.

She got right in there and chewed that bolt right up...

Saved my bacon... ;-)
Gonna have to do the same with my tank straps. Them bolts arent budging.
I just use a dremmel. It works just fine too.
(08-12-2018 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]I just use a dremmel. It works just fine too.

That is what I was going to use, my Dremel... I was up at Home Depot getting those cutoff discs when I saw this saw... They only had one left, and I had to climb for it. Really cool, and can really get into some tight spaces as it is virtually straight and very narrow. But, the Dremel would have worked too.
I have a DeWalt reciprocating saw that I use a lot, but for the fuel tank straps I just used a real cheap 4.5" angle grinder.

It's hard to tell in this picture, but that middle tank strap was so rusty that I don't know how it hadn't snapped yet.

[attachment=4137]

I pulled my side skirts off when the truck was new, years later bought the little white fenders from a wrecker, and now have zero desire to ever have the skirts back on it, so I went with stainless tank straps.

There's been other posts here about how crappy the painted steel ProStar fuel tank straps are. I've had 5 break in the 10 years that I've owned this truck, so for a while I carried a spare with me. Now that I have all stainless, I hope that problem is over. Please check your tank straps!
Reference URL's