Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Ism injector
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 2003 ism. No Jake's.

How long should it take to change an injector?

I've only changed injectors in a isx, I imagine if I can do a isx a ism would be easy?

Cummins said it would take less than 4 hrs

I want to save money. Thanks
So I am in the process of changing the injector. I got the new one in but I can't find the timing marks. I'm assuming it's because the pulley is so rusty and pitted. I've tried cleaning with a wire wheel but can't find.

So.... My question is since I'm changing the injector on the number 2 cyl can I roll over motor till number 5 cyl valves start to move? Or does it not work like that? I was thinking if number 5 is moving then number 2 is closed.

Thanks
The marks are usually hard to find. They can be on the front or back lip of the fuel pump/accessory drive pulley. If you bar it around until the intake of #5 travels all the way open then stops you'll be very close. At this point, see what you can find close to the 12 oclock position on the pulley.
I did that but couldn't find the marks still. It's so pitted and rusty but I used that and did my adjustments. Runs good. Thanks for the help
Reference URL's