Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Weller reman transmissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What’s the general consensus on Weller reman transmissions?
(02-01-2019 )Mrkentee Wrote: [ -> ]What’s the general consensus on Weller reman transmissions?

I got weller re-man rears,... no issues. Was less money than if I had rebuilt them myself by the time I got all new bearings, gears, etc.
Yup, what he said. Pop yours out, swap the jewelry and slide the new 1 back in. Rebuilding them yourself is easy enough. Getting all the parts you need in a timely manner is where it really goes wrong. You'll get a part today a part tomorrow 5 or 6 on back order. Weller is the way to go.
I got 150k on an 18918b from them, shifting & splitting got better as time went on. It's doing fine now and I'd get another from them. The price and lack of downtime is worth it to me.
I've had a Weller with well over 500,000 on it it has performed very well.(13sp) but i might have hurt the input shaft with a bad shift under a load(my fault :( ) but they work great and save you the down time from getting yours rebuilt.
Reference URL's