Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Cm871 new oil pump pressure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys I was wonder with this new oil pump that cant be shimmed. What should the pressure be? Mine runs 35lbs @ 1500. The old pump before the rebuild was 40lbs. Anyone else run the new style pump and what's your pressure
pretty sure new not NOS but the actual new ones their coming out with now are suppose to run at the pressure a shimmed old style does.
(10-05-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote: [ -> ]pretty sure new not NOS but the actual new ones their coming out with now are suppose to run at the pressure a shimmed old style does.

IDK MrHag just rebuilt mine last month and the pressure is less. It also drops pressure as the rpm drops. @1400 its 33psi and 1300 its 31psi. I was trying to figure it out cause I also got a new X15 and it runs 40psi @1500

Unilevers

thats low - all mine with the new pump run 40ish. old pumps i shim slightly over 40. something sounds weird there.
(10-05-2019 )Unilevers Wrote: [ -> ]thats low - all mine with the new pump run 40ish. old pumps i shim slightly over 40. something sounds weird there.

That's @ 1500rpm
maybe you got a NOS pump instead of a NEW design pump im sure some places still have the old 35-37PSI pumps on the shelf and im guessing there has to be something to look for to tell if its old design or new design when your replacing.
Could very welll be the gauge itself...
(10-05-2019 )Volvo8873 Wrote: [ -> ]Could very welll be the gauge itself...

Could be the gauge idk I'll check tomorrow.
(10-05-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote: [ -> ]maybe you got a NOS pump instead of a NEW design pump im sure some places still have the old 35-37PSI pumps on the shelf and im guessing there has to be something to look for to tell if its old design or new design when your replacing.
What's a NOS pump. Sorry to sound dumb on ya lol
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's