Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Insite..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do I have to have insite put on my truck after replacing the dose injector and the turbo? Doing them both at the same time....
You did not mention what make/model engine or truck. For a 2007 (CM871) or newer ISX ...

for the doser injector, no .. but for the turbo, yes. It needs re-calibrating for a proper install. It is mentioned in this video...

I have a 2013 Peterbilt with Cummins isx 3719. It has a low howling sound on the right side and I saw your video about turbos making that noise. And since I have the turbo and dose injector already, I was going to replace both of them.
But....the actuator is already on the new turbo. I had a motor blow and I took off the turbo, actuator and doser injector since they were only 4 months old. So I took them off as one big section. Does that matter since I dont have to remove the actuator?
It needs calibration because the computer doesn’t know where the position is until in runs open and closed fully then the computer rememberers what position it is in.
Gotcha....greatly appreciated chief. Will I be able to drive it to a dealership after I replace it. Or do I need to do it at the same time?
I’m not sure. It will probably depend on how far off the new one is from the old one position wise.
https://youtu.be/k2j1vnAtbvI ...does she sound ok to you?
Get it calibrated. Don’t chicken shi#t your truck over a couple bucks
Reference URL's