Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: DD15 LOSS OF POWER. INJECTORS or BAD DPF DELETE???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(05-03-2021 )Mdrinjak Wrote: [ -> ]Has this problem been resolved, I'm having the same issue and wanted to see if you found a solution? Thank you

There are many problems in this thread, which ones are you having? You just rebuilt your fuel pump, are there other issues?
I would put everything back and start from scratch!

I had this issue with my dd15 after a tune, loss of power and black smoke until i put a freeze plug on the pipe that goes into the intake.
I recently did an in frame overhaul on a dd15, and now it is a complete wet blanket. Got brought in for a miss and a slight knock. Turns out it had a dropped intake valve. Customer decided to overhaul it because it had a bit of mileage on it. After the overhaul truck runs really smooth, but has no balls. Bobtail it drops 15mph going uphill and is only making 15psi boost. Truck was deleted before he came in and was having 0 issues with low power other than the chuck if valve missing. Other than the head and cylinder packs, i replaced the turbos with new units. At this point I'm at a loss. If this was a 12.7 i would have this sorted out by now but i am not as familiar with the new stuff. Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated. I've went over the timing twice, got fuel pressure, no leaks in the charge air cooler, I'm leaning towards this aftermarket head has some issues or maybe the injectors are shot.
[/size]
(10-24-2022 )Motorman Steve Wrote: [ -> ]I recently did an in frame overhaul on a dd15, and now it is a complete wet blanket. Got brought in for a miss and a slight knock. Turns out it had a dropped intake valve. Customer decided to overhaul it because it had a bit of mileage on it. After the overhaul truck runs really smooth, but has no balls. Bobtail it drops 15mph going uphill and is only making 15psi boost. Truck was deleted before he came in and was having 0 issues with low power other than the chuck if valve missing. Other than the head and cylinder packs, i replaced the turbos with new units. At this point I'm at a loss. If this was a 12.7 i would have this sorted out by now but i am not as familiar with the new stuff. Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated. I've went over the timing twice, got fuel pressure, no leaks in the charge air cooler, I'm leaning towards this aftermarket head has some issues or maybe the injectors are shot.
[/size]

Pull the egr u-pipe and make sure its welded shut if the egr is deleted. Also if the egr is deleted there is a 99.9% chance it was done incorrectly. Nobody that ive been able to find knows how to properly delete egr on a dd15 and if they say they do they are most likely full of shi#t.
(10-24-2022 )Motorman Steve Wrote: [ -> ]...I'm leaning towards this aftermarket head has some issues or maybe the injectors are shot.
[/size]

Not sure about Detroits.. but if that were an ISX and you used an after-garbage head on a $40,000 commercial engine that was expected to last a million miles at a time, .. I would have kicked you off the forum just on sheer principle so that half-baked idea did not spread onto others.

just my thoughts when reading your post.
(10-24-2022 )Bengy88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2022 )Motorman Steve Wrote: [ -> ]I recently did an in frame overhaul on a dd15, and now it is a complete wet blanket. Got brought in for a miss and a slight knock. Turns out it had a dropped intake valve. Customer decided to overhaul it because it had a bit of mileage on it. After the overhaul truck runs really smooth, but has no balls. Bobtail it drops 15mph going uphill and is only making 15psi boost. Truck was deleted before he came in and was having 0 issues with low power other than the chuck if valve missing. Other than the head and cylinder packs, i replaced the turbos with new units. At this point I'm at a loss. If this was a 12.7 i would have this sorted out by now but i am not as familiar with the new stuff. Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated. I've went over the timing twice, got fuel pressure, no leaks in the charge air cooler, I'm leaning towards this aftermarket head has some issues or maybe the injectors are shot.
[/size]
Pull the egr u-pipe and make sure its welded shut if the egr is deleted. Also if the egr is deleted there is a 99.9% chance it was done incorrectly. Nobody that ive been able to find knows how to properly delete egr on a dd15 and if they say they do they are most likely full of shi#t.
There is little to no one that can properly deman these engines due to no engineering tool being avaliable, that being said there was more than likley no changes to the tables needed to remove EGR, so there for if he blocks the egr off the injection timing will be threw the roof,
Double check the egr valve make sure it moves freely and is not hung in the open position
(10-25-2022 )RollinCoal Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2022 )Bengy88 Wrote: [ -> ]
[/size]
There is little to no one that can properly deman these engines due to no engineering tool being avaliable, that being said there was more than likley no changes to the tables needed to remove EGR, so there for if he blocks the egr off the injection timing will be threw the roof,
Double check the egr valve make sure it moves freely and is not hung in the open position

Rollin coal you would be surprised at the amount of trucks that come through my shop with fully demandated dd engines. Its sickening. Ill send you some pictures tomorrow of the amount of soot on the frame and back of the cabs on some of these trucks. "But it runs great" says the driver..... 3 turbos and a cylinder head later i convince them to reinstate the egr.
Yeah it will run great with the timing jacked up threw the roof
Until it doesnt anymore
Did the loss of power on these deleted trucks going uphill even get solved? I have a truck that never had power loss threw some bad after treatment sensor codes and after the delete it just has 0 power especially when i climbing hills its like it doesn't even try. Any help would be appreciated.
The can has been hollowed and egr blocked off no codes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's