Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Low mileage 2011 f750 Cummins 6.7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Any pictures which would help?

Off the quickserve my info is the following:
Service model name
Isb 6.7 cm2250

Ecm code
Bz90018

Fuel pump

CPL3072

That tell ya anything?
quick google search shows it's a completely different style pump then the 15L ISX. Not positive, but based on the images it looks like a rotary pump. You'll need to do some more research to see if that particular pump had any issues, but I highly doubt it has the same problem as the ISX.

If I'm wrong I'm sure someone else will correct me.
It's a Bosch CP3 pump, rotary cam with plungers. It is better than the X but still likes clean fuel with low inlet restriction.

Check the air cleaner and piping, I've seen a few dusted from issues with the hoses and clamps.

I'll 3rd the tune up and normal maintenance it'll be a good truck.
Thanks for all the suggestions. DEF Filter changed yesterday, its on stands awaiting new tires. Will look down the intake pipe, grease everything i can find and do a good underbody inspection.

question for you guys. the EGR valve is painted green, over the red stock paint. wondering if that means it was serviced or a reman?
Usually they are green under the red paint
maybe i got it backwards? I'll stick a fingernail on it and pick away, see whcih ones on top.

PS, that had to be the quickest response in history -- my pc didn't even show my comment was posted, and yours was already here.

Same question though. does that mean it has been serviced/reman?
No, the new ones that come on the engine from the factory are green.
Stumbled upon this article about fuel pumps and thought it might benefit this discussion.

http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/engine/...p4-failure

The long and short of it is the cp4 pump is just like the newer pumps in the cm2250/2350/x15 and in pickups fails around the 100,000 mi mark. The cp3 is a different design, not prone to these failures, and was used on cummins pickup engines up until 2018 or 2019.
Thanks for the fuel pump read
Wanted to throw another question to the knowledge here.

Got a 3574 code. Low def pressure.
Ran the leak test, and I get over 130psi.
How can that be? Does it take too long to build the pressure? A sensor bad?

Just got tires on it. Gotta start troubleshooting this code.

Will do some reading tomorrow, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Have a good night,
J
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's