Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Gearbox Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm having a issue with a leak on gearbox. This is on my 09 PROSTAR. I was having issue with power steering so I loosened big nut on gearbox to see if maybe i have air in the system. I went to tighten that nut and now its dripping. Is there a gasket that goes there? Also that nut has a lil plastic thing in the middle. Any help appreciated.
Did you loosen the big nut on the pitman arm or was it a plug or is it leaking around the main shaft?
The "plastic thing" in the middle may be a seal not a gasket.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Here's a pic. This is the backside of the gear box.
This looks like your bleed did you use socket or closed end on the wrench? If not you can mess up hollow fittings. There should be a oring or brass washer that seals under this. It could also be the plug for running duel steering boxes on heavy haul system.
It is to bleed system I believe. I used crescent wrench. Where would I find replacement nut, brass washer or o ring that is needed? International says they just sell kit for gearbox. What would you recommend Gearhead? Got a steady drip.
Is it a trw?
Says RH Sheppard on gearbox. I'll post pic.
This is gearbox.
http://www.rhsheppard.com/wp-content/upl...manual.pdf

Lots of different models and applications for steering boxes.
See if you can find a model# or even try searching the casting #.
Only sure way is to search your VIN and build number.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's