Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: CPC replacement problem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if this info is poor or wrong, but I'm posting for a friend who's out on the road.

Friend of mine has a 2015 Freightliner Cascadia, DD15 engine, 10 speed manual eaton fuller transmission. Late last week he had to get the TPS (Throttle position sensor) and CPC ("Common Powertrain Controller"?) replaced (say's it's also known as the PCM?). Anyway, he just messaged me saying that since the repair the engine won't go above 1100rpm's in first gear. Neural and other gears no issue. He's trying to get back to the dealer who did the work (he's in MA right now, dealer was in NJ), but I figured I'd throw it out here and see if anyone has any idea what or why this is happening.

No, he has no laptop/software. Doesn't do much work on his own truck, not demandated or tuned (that I know of). I have no idea what the issue was that led to last week's repair. But, i can relay any questions if needed.
Something in the parameters. I'm guessing they flashed the cpc with what the truck came with parameter wise
Lost track of this after I posted it. He got it back to the dealer and they figured out it was an ECM setting for progressive shifting or something to that effect. Must have been switched on by accident during the previous repair. Also, the description above is what he initially told me, but later said that the problem affected all gears but was just more noticeable in the lower gears.
GENERALLY BEFORE ANY ECM IS REPLACED EXPORTING OF CURRENT PARAMETERS IS DONE SO AS TO MAINTAIN SETTINGS FOR FUTURE INFO.
(08-06-2022 )kiaman185mdu Wrote: [ -> ]GENERALLY BEFORE ANY ECM IS REPLACED EXPORTING OF CURRENT PARAMETERS IS DONE SO AS TO MAINTAIN SETTINGS FOR FUTURE INFO.

if you can communicate with it that is.
(08-06-2022 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2022 )kiaman185mdu Wrote: [ -> ]GENERALLY BEFORE ANY ECM IS REPLACED EXPORTING OF CURRENT PARAMETERS IS DONE SO AS TO MAINTAIN SETTINGS FOR FUTURE INFO.

if you can communicate with it that is.

i had one that was hit with a start all recently burned up samchassis CPC4 and im pretty sure ABS module. that CPC4 is e a expensive fix. your also right rawze i couldn't connect to get all my old parameters and had to pay someone fixingyourshit knows to flash it to stock parameters
DD parameters are uploaded in the DD mainframe. Lately the mainframe has been misplacing parameters on behind the scenes stuff that dealers can not see. We have been notifying detroit and they tell us to reprogram said module after they have worked their magic. Probably just needs to be reprogrammed.
Reference URL's