Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: New Clutch No Power now at Random
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Afternoon hope everyone is well, new here so thank you for having me!

2012 KW T660 w/ISX, 10 speed Eaton. Put a new clutch in the truck and now at random times the truck just falls on it’s face, no power. Feels like something is holding it back. No problems with pulling or power till after the new clutch. Cruise control won’t maintain when set and power is lost nor can you float the gears as the RPMs just fall right off. Any guidance as we aren’t getting codes and we can’t log the data to check things as it’s so random.
Sounds like the speed sensor plug may not be getting a good connection... and ecm is switching to NON VSG mode... you can open insite and max that out see if it helps....at the bottom you'll see non vgs setting and most of the time its set to 1400..Only reason I say that is cause you said it want hold cruise.... The other thing I was thinking was maybe they took fuel lines off and now they are sucking air....
Update.

Fuel lines are good. Speed sensor still questionable for this post.

We are now getting a engine intake manifold pressure #1 code (102). We’ve replaced sensor, checked wires that were exposed wrapped them back up, replaced turbo actuator put nearly 400 miles on the truck before power lost again. It feels like dead pedal. The truck goes but has no torque. When loaded it will go but a complete struggle. Loaded or unloaded when in this no power mode no power through the entire RPM range.

I’m sure you wonder how this goes from clutch and no power but I’m just sharing what was done then this started showing up.. We have checked the fuel system, replaced filters did find some trash... Blew back into the tanks to make sure we didn’t have more.

We are lost in a solution, thanks for the help!
Maybe make an appointment over at Mr. Hags. in griffin, GA... He is good at finding problems like that.
Reference URL's