Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: 2015 International lonestar Throttle Position Sensor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, Here is a real curveball for all of you! I have a 2015 International lonestar Cummins ISX 15. I recently picked up a load, drove about 500 miles into no man's land when my truck decided to go into idle mode from 70mph. I was able to limp it to a one horse truck stop. There was a small shop there. We put JPRO on it and it read throttle position sensor code erratic voltage ect. I replaced the TPS assembly then tried to clear the code but it would not clear. I spent 2 days ripping apart my dash and checking all wires to the ecm. Did not see anything suspicious . I then pulled the magic plug, thinking it was something wrong with the EGR, sensors ect. Still no results. My truck is still in a derate mode. I plugged the magic sensor back in, and the truck tried to do a regen. About 5 minutes into the regen, I get the big red stop engine light. This keeps on canceling out my regens. I pull the magic plug again and I still get a red stop engine light but it is now intermittently on and off. I also had 30 inactive codes for crankcase pressure sensor reading erratic. I changed out my NOx sensors and IMAP sensor and crank case filter and sensor with still no results. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You unplugged the ECM and tested the wires from the ECM plug to the plug on the TPS? Does insite show throttle position?
start by replacing all the little red (smaller) fuses in the dash that are highlighted in this pic. Just replace them all at once with brand new ones.

It sounds dumb, as they are all likely still good... but probably discoloured... but it is a known International issue where the fuses, as they discolour, cause all kinds of ghost alarms. This is a cheap fix/test to see if the problem goes away.
origional article: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid12861

Next would be to disconnect ALL battery cables, clean, and re-seat them all.

After that, If it is not the TPS itself, then it is suspect to be the cab plugs on the drivers side that have gotten exposed to moisture and/or corrosion. Removing them and spraying them out with methanol and looking for discolored pins or corroded wiring on the back of the plug (under the cover). <- NEVER EVER LET A TRUCK-WASH USE A POWER-WASHER UNDER THE HOOD OF YOUR TRUCK.. IT CAUSES THIS PROBLEM!.

just some things to look at anyways.
Reference URL's