Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Trans and gear oil?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
What weight should I be using in my 13 speed Eaton and in the rears?
My personal opinion is that 50-wt tranny oil is too thin unless you live in northern canada. I have use 80/90 in mine its whole life.
here were the results at 1.4 million miles: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid52116
80/90 here too, no issues, runs and shifts smooth. Just take it easy on the cold mornings until she warms up and all is fine.
Will 75w90 work?
It will work, I would not hesitate using it, especially if you have a bunch laying around.
With GL-5?
(04-24-2021 )Redland1 Wrote: [ -> ]With GL-5?

Do you have emissions on the truck? No emissions, use what you have. As far as the SCR system, if that is operational, I want to say use GL-5, seeing as the Sta-Lube we use in the 871 is GL4 rated. Honestly, I don't think it really matters as long as you do not do extended oil changes. The issue was the soot in regards to the SCR can... I would not be concerned as long as you keep up with the general maintenance and EGR Tuneups.
(04-24-2021 )Waterloo Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2021 )Redland1 Wrote: [ -> ]With GL-5?

Do you have emissions on the truck? No emissions, use what you have. As far as the SCR system, if that is operational, I want to say use GL-5, seeing as the Sta-Lube we use in the 871 is GL4 rated. Honestly, I don't think it really matters as long as you do not do extended oil changes. The issue was the soot in regards to the SCR can... I would not be concerned as long as you keep up with the general maintenance and EGR Tuneups.

It’s an 870 with the EGR still operational (for now).
He's using it in his trans Loo, not in the engine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's