Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: 2015 Prostar fan torque spec
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Replacing the fan clutch. I got the manuals from quick serve and it has the torque specs at 83ft/lb for the fan clutch assembly. It doesn’t specify the torque specs for mounting the fan to the hub. Truly appreciate if someone knows what torque to tighten the bolts. This is a isx2350. Thank you
(05-06-2021 )Rock6794 Wrote: [ -> ]Replacing the fan clutch. I got the manuals from quick serve and it has the torque specs at 83ft/lb for the fan clutch assembly. It doesn’t specify the torque specs for mounting the fan to the hub. Truly appreciate if someone knows what torque to tighten the bolts. This is a isx2350. Thank you

The torque spec is in the paperwork that comes with the clutch.

I know on mine it is 26 ft.lbs... ref (page 33): https://www.hortonww.com/assets/document...ctions.pdf

but you need to look it up for yours, as you may have a different clutch than mine takes.
Unfortunately my paperwork says to refer to truck manufacturer manual. I don’t have one for the Prostar. Thanks for the reply.
I called my kenworth dealer last year to get the torque spec for the fan bolts. They told me "they are locknuts just snug'em down they'll be fine" that tells you all you need to know about the $150.00 an hour dealer network.
(05-06-2021 )Rock6794 Wrote: [ -> ]Replacing the fan clutch. I got the manuals from quick serve and it has the torque specs at 83ft/lb for the fan clutch assembly. It doesn’t specify the torque specs for mounting the fan to the hub. Truly appreciate if someone knows what torque to tighten the bolts. This is a isx2350. Thank you
If you still need this post a VIN and the part# of the clutch. Rawze is correct. This info is usually from the fan clutch mfg. and that is usually Horton.
Vin#FN606794. Horton 79A9750. The installation instructions step 4.) Mount the fan onto the Fan Drive and tighten the bolts and/or nuts to the vehicle manufacturer’s specifications. That’s a word for word
(05-07-2021 )Rock6794 Wrote: [ -> ]Vin#FN606794. Horton 79A9750. The installation instructions step 4.) Mount the fan onto the Fan Drive and tighten the bolts and/or nuts to the vehicle manufacturer’s specifications. That’s a word for word

Horton ...

[attachment=7756]

ref: https://www.hortonww.com/assets/document...ctions.pdf
Thanks to everyone. I did 26 ft-lbs.
Reference URL's