Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Insite & Calterm External HDD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Evening everyone,

Unsure if im posting in the right place fgood lordy i hope so....Can anyone tell me if its possible to install and run Insite & Calterm on an external HDD thats connected to the diagnosis laptop??

Using an old laptop with minimal specs and looking for ways to being able to adapt other than purchasing a new laptop.

Regards

Luke
This is not a software trading site!.

- As far as running a Hard rive externally, I would suggest you get a HDD extension cable and run it out the back of your laptop so that you can easily swap HDD's while the thing is turned off. - That is what i have done with my own laptop that i use in the truck, so that I don't have to use multiple laptops for multiple purpose. - i can do my gaming or browse web, etc.. on one HDD, do my taxes and other private stuffz on a different HDD, and use engine software on another. - HDD's are cheap compared to a nice laptop.

here it is with the bottom cover still off it so what can be done is shown. I used Hot glue on the cable to secure it...
[attachment=7769]
[attachment=7770]
Thanks Rawze, and im well aware of the rules on software, software aint the problem Disk space most certainly is!!! But to clarify, your saying i can install say each manufacturers diagnostic program on seperate HDD and they will indeed run from said HDD as long as its connected to my laptop.....CORRECT ??
(05-11-2021 )OzK108 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Rawze, and im well aware of the rules on software, software aint the problem Disk space most certainly is!!! But to clarify, your saying i can install say each manufacturers diagnostic program on seperate HDD and they will indeed run from said HDD as long as its connected to my laptop.....CORRECT ??

I installed the operating system on each HDD ... I then install whatever I want onto each of them. Simple as that.

Better security that way too.

No need for one HDD and trying to stuff everything in all at once.

I just shut off laptop, switch HDD out, then turn it back on. - Almost reminds me of those old gaming consoles that took those cartridge games... like the atari... only better, lol
A little off topic here - but that would also be a way to run Linux without having to mess with a dual boot configuration.
Reference URL's