Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Oil Temp Gauge Install?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was looking to get some info on adding a Oil Temp gauge to my 2010 ISX CM871. Truck is a 2010 Pete 388 and it was ordered as a basic fleet truck with the minimal gauge package. I am wondering if there is a place in the harness to tie into to add a temp gauge from the sensor the ECU reads? If not, I am open to an aftermarket gauge with a temp sending unit, but I would need to know where on the engine i can access a port to add the oil temp sending unit. (it looks like most are 1/8 npt)
any input would be greatly appreciated!
It says that I do not have permission.. maybe because I'm new?
Rawze should be along shortly, he'll fix that.
(06-05-2021 )Drichardson1987 Wrote: [ -> ]It says that I do not have permission.. maybe because I'm new?

should be able to see it now.
(06-05-2021 )Drichardson1987 Wrote: [ -> ]I was looking to get some info on adding a Oil Temp gauge to my 2010 ISX CM871. Truck is a 2010 Pete 388 and it was ordered as a basic fleet truck with the minimal gauge package. I am wondering if there is a place in the harness to tie into to add a temp gauge from the sensor the ECU reads? If not, I am open to an aftermarket gauge with a temp sending unit, but I would need to know where on the engine i can access a port to add the oil temp sending unit. (it looks like most are 1/8 npt)
any input would be greatly appreciated!

The factory gauge would be the easiest solution.

Next to that, you should read thru the the thread that tree98 posted.
Rawze, I read through the post and even had some conversations with Tree69. Im still not sure of where a good port would be for me to access to add an aftermarket temp sensor. His engine is an ISX 15 and I dont see the same ports on the side of my CM871. any input on where a good port would be?
Maybe weld a bung into the oil pan and then monitor with insite to see how much different the temp is if any. So if insite says it's 220 and your gauge is reading 205 you'll know to just add 15 degrees to whatever it's reading.
I dont have the insite software to see what the engine is reading. I was just hoping to find a bung in the block that has an oil passage that I can access. I know there are quite a few on the oil cooler, but im not sure if any are before or after the cooler, and where the proper place to monitor would be..
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's