Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Causes of excess blowby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
cm870-
ive had this truck since 850k miles, now has 1.4mil .
Has had 2 set of pistons/liners put in since i bought it, and it has always had quite a bit of blowby. can a wore out air compressor create blowby ? i dont even pay attention to it anymore but after holding the steering wheel all day today i just started thinking about it...

and i made one of them test tube things like in the manual for checking blowby pressure, and mine was always worse than they say is "acceptable"
In quickserve you will find in sympton search under High Blowby info that should be of help.
Air compressor, turbo, valve stem seals or cylinder issues are all possible causes.
(10-05-2022 )Badger Wrote: [ -> ]cm870-
ive had this truck since 850k miles, now has 1.4mil .
Has had 2 set of pistons/liners put in since i bought it

What I would like to know is why it has had 2 sets of pistons and liners in only 550k miles?. Something does not sound right at all if that is the case.. and was all OEM parts used?// was a new head used?... were the liners raised to 0.015"?... and did anyone double-ensure that the rings were all set correctly (180-degrees away from each other properly) as the pistons went in?..

those are the things that come to mind when I read your post.
What the guys above said.... and does this truck happen to have a hot file in it?
Reference URL's