Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: x15 and the dreaded 559 code.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
buddy has an 2018 x15 performance stock file 565hp 2000tq 500k miles. It is intermittently down on power, did the leak down rail doesn't hold pressure.
-fuel filters replaced with new fleetguard. bypassed for testing purposes with bucket of fresh fuel.
-pressure relief valve and sensor replaced torqued to spec.
-high pressure fuel pump replaced with new unit, core will be checked for failure, maybe not even the culprit.
-when doing the injector cut out engine runs consistently on 1 injector across all 6
-capped each injector and did the leakdown on all 6 test still dropped rail pressure.
-injector performance tests fails at point 3 for all 6 at one point wasn't letting us do it due to "low rpm"
All that's left is injectors and their quill tubes and harness? Guy doesn't want to fire the parts cannon but he's running out of options? any insight thoughts?
If all injectors were capped and leakdown tested and it still dropped pressure, then the injectors and quill tubes are not the problem. How much psi does it drop and how fast?
29000 to 7500 pretty much instantly.
(04-01-2023 )marek4792 Wrote: [ -> ]29000 to 7500 pretty much instantly.

If ya can't find it ... maybe make an appointment with Mr. Haggais shop. He is known for finding those kinds of issues.
(04-01-2023 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2023 )marek4792 Wrote: [ -> ]29000 to 7500 pretty much instantly.

If ya can't find it ... maybe make an appointment with Mr. Haggais shop. He is known for finding those kinds of issues.
definitely will send him his way.
On mine it was the check valves inside the pump head. And yes it was Haggai shop ( Allison) who found the issue.
(04-01-2023 )amermextrucker Wrote: [ -> ]On mine it was the check valves inside the pump head. And yes it was Haggai shop ( Allison) who found the issue.
In his case he replaced the whole pump as individual heads and plungers are unobtainable unless something changed at Cummins very recently..
(04-01-2023 )marek4792 Wrote: [ -> ]In his case he replaced the whole pump as individual heads and plungers are unobtainable unless something changed at Cummins very recently..

Damn, they must've just went back to this. I replaced the head on my HPFP about 2yrs ago. It was definitely a pain trying to hunt one down. Due to all the shortage everyone was experiencing then, you had to get on a list at some places just to be in the manufacturing line to get one. Other dealers weren't selling their stock in the event they needed them for their own repairs.

- Yeaaaa, it was obtainable, but a real pain to get one. I ended up with a reman as it was all that was available.

I would've thought that mess would be cleared up by now. Sucks if not since there is a major difference in price between a head assembly and an entire pump.
Well... I just found out this person was doing something really stupid and running a 'Puke Dee Eye' garbage power-tune crap in it before this happened.

No-wonder it has major issues .. For all anyone knows at this point, it could have cracked the head or melted the injector tips off it due to horrible injection timing and all the other engine killing trash settings those guys are famous for.

I'm sorry, but I had to tell the guy to f$k off and have a nice day at some point ... hang up on him due to the utter denial of the fact that they were abusing their equipment. Started denying and kept questioning the fact that it was outright engine abuse! -- I tried to reason with them but it was getting nowhere in a real hurry. This is a seriously clueless person who does not want to take responsibility of his own equipment.. then goes off to every shop in town like a fool.. and does not listen to half of what you try to tell them.

I guess .. you can fix ignorance.. but this guy was delving in the realm of utter denial and stupidity at that point. -= I have no patience for that.

-= I cannot help people like this who make their own problems, abuse a $40,000 commercial engine like it, as if it was a hobby-toy grandma's station wagon or something .. and then wonder why they are in such a damnned hole.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's