Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Is there a trick to this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a cm2350 x15 that has a dpf/egr reconfiguration. I wanted to pull the calibration so I have a copy for the future if needed. While hooking up to a friend's laptop. Version 7.62 of insite wouldn't read it. We were doing this to check for any codes that my be present. Upon trying calterm... same deal.. no read. Looking for some help on what is needed to pull the files. His insite has read my old cm2250 and he uses it regularly on his own truck. Is there an updated file needed or is it something else?
Pm me your contact info. I’ll help you
Some X15's will not connect to 7.6.2 you'll need a version of insite 8.
Yessir, what tree said. But calterm 3.17 or newer will work with your engine as long as everything is set right unless it’s a cm2450.
(06-20-2023 )Bengy88 Wrote: [ -> ]Yessir, what tree said. But calterm 3.17 or newer will work with your engine as long as everything is set right unless it’s a cm2450.

CT version 3.17 will read anything out there.. even the newest 2023 engines. Its database just has to be updated for 2021+ model trucks is all, and that is easy to do.
(06-20-2023 )dw2000ta Wrote: [ -> ]I have a cm2350 x15 that has a dpf/egr reconfiguration. I wanted to pull the calibration so I have a copy for the future if needed. While hooking up to a friend's laptop. Version 7.62 of insite wouldn't read it. We were doing this to check for any codes that my be present. Upon trying calterm... same deal.. no read. Looking for some help on what is needed to pull the files. His insite has read my old cm2250 and he uses it regularly on his own truck. Is there an updated file needed or is it something else?

7.6.2 will connect and talk to that engine just fine. So will Calterm.

However, in 7.6.2 .. the fault code descriptions in Insite are out of date. Any faults that show up .. the fault number is accurate .. but some fault code descriptions will likely be incorrect due to Insite being out of date for that model engine. Verify any faults by their fault code number while logged in to quickserv, using that X15 ser# to see what the fault really is.

WHAT YOUR ISSUE IS.. not being able to connect to it at all, and knowing the laptop connects just fine to other vehicles.. is that the plug under the dash on most newer X15 trucks.. is J1939/500KBPS buss speeds and not the older standard of J1939/250kbps buss speeds.

Either switch the adapter driver over to the 500kbps driver (newer cummins inline-7, or newer Nexiq adapter needed) ..

... or use the 'Weather-pack' engine harness adapter to connect to the engine out under the hood at the 3-pin connector on the intake side. The buss speed at the 3-pin connector on the engine harness is only 250kbps, same as older engines.

It is the datalink adapter, not the engine software that is most likely the issue.
Fixed Ricky tik!!! Thanks Rawze!
(06-20-2023 )dw2000ta Wrote: [ -> ]I have a cm2350 x15 that has a dpf/egr reconfiguration. I wanted to pull the calibration so I have a copy for the future if needed. While hooking up to a friend's laptop. Version 7.62 of insite wouldn't read it. We were doing this to check for any codes that my be present. Upon trying calterm... same deal.. no read. Looking for some help on what is needed to pull the files. His insite has read my old cm2250 and he uses it regularly on his own truck. Is there an updated file needed or is it something else?

I see that you using Calterm; where can get it?
Reference URL's