Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: ECM Rebuilders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Curious what companies everyone has had the best luck with. Have an old cm570 that's kaput. See the typical $800ish send out and repair to $1100 for ecm exchange. Looks like I could get one through Cummins yet for about $2k. Opinions and experiences?
I run a CM570 and replaced ECM with OEM exchange, I had member here program it for fuel mileage.
If you want by far the best quality? OEM only with the factory programming for the truck.
Yeah nothing funny with a custom flash or nothing is planned. Tried to even talk to it on a bench setup and no go. I think I'll have a hard time selling a OEM reman to my customer. I think we all know how that typically goes.
(06-23-2023 )windowrattler Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah nothing funny with a custom flash or nothing is planned. Tried to even talk to it on a bench setup and no go. I think I'll have a hard time selling a OEM reman to my customer. I think we all know how that typically goes.

your customer is an idiot!!!>>>

repaired after-garbage ecm's do not last but a short while.. if they run at all reliably.. and then die again!!>.. ALL the components aside for one or 2 parts inside them are ancient and it is the lion chasing its tail on them!> ==- WASTE OF MONEYS!!!>..

On the other hand.. the OEM certified ecm's are ALWAYS going to have a brand spanking new circuit board in them, and the engine maker is not about to hire a team of repair technicians to 'repair' what they can have manufacturer for a few hundred bucks, and slap into an old casing.

-= ALWAYS ALWAYS BUY A CERTIFIED OEM ECM!!!... AND DON;T BE CHEAP ABOUT IT TRYING TO SKIM ON REPAIRED S$IT .. BECAUSE ONE TOWING BILL LATER .. AND YOU WILL BE WISHING LIKE ALL H$ELL YOU HAD GOTTEN A BRAND NEW BOARD IN AN OEM ONE INSTEAD!.
Reference URL's