Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Multiple ABS wheel speed sensor faults
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2010 Pete 387
EC -60 Bendix
ABS tripped pulling into receiver. Checking the dash it’s all but 1 wheel speed sensor listed and the yaw sensor.
Pulled and cleaned the ends of the sensors of built up gunk then had petro try to clear the codes with their jpro with no luck.
Will insight clear them along with the history?
Can I turn the abs off to get thru an annual inspection?
My latest wonder is did the 1 not listed fake a crap tripping the others?
You need the Bendix program to look into the Bendix system if you want to fix codes. Sounds like maybe a wiring for the ECU controllers is corroded and or itself going bad if it trips all but one.
With any active fault you can't clear them, they just repop. Having a code list would help. Are they all listed shorts, open, erratic, etc. What is the code for the yaw sensor? There isn't an easy way to kill abs as far as I know.
WHEN is the last time the hub bearings were re-torqued?. Most people get those ABS sensor problems because they do not do a proper hub bearing re-torque every 250k miles like they should be doing.
(07-18-2023 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]WHEN is the last time the hub bearings were re-torqued?. Most people get those ABS sensor problems because they do not do a proper hub bearing re-torque every 250k miles like they should be doing.

All 6 were done July last year. 54k driven since then.
(07-18-2023 )windowrattler Wrote: [ -> ]With any active fault you can't clear them, they just repop. Having a code list would help. Are they all listed shorts, open, erratic, etc. What is the code for the yaw sensor? There isn't an easy way to kill abs as far as I know.

Yes the open shorts or output low
Yaw (yrs) went away. 22-5 CAN timeout which I got an explanation for that one.
Well got home checked fuses and wiring and re-cleaned the wheel speed sensors holes. Test drive it. Still there. Keyed on today. Still there. Drove a while and glanced down- GONE!
Now to see if it stays gone.
(07-19-2023 )Grizzly Wrote: [ -> ]Well got home checked fuses and wiring and re-cleaned the wheel speed sensors holes. Test drive it. Still there. Keyed on today. Still there. Drove a while and glanced down- GONE!
Now to see if it stays gone.

I know when mine has ABS alarms, I have to drive it about 12 miles or so before they go away once the issue is fixed.
Reference URL's