Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: SCR again...a new code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cummins ISX 15 cm2350. Hit the derate with a code I haven't seen before. 1682- Aftertreatment Diesel Exhaust Fluid Dosing Unit Input lines-Condition Exists.

Ive recently replaced the Doser. There is leaking/crystallization around the base of the pump module but not from any lines. And the truck has been sitting for a while. Any ideas that this could be a DEF pump failure? Ive never had the issue. I've got Insite, though not sure about tests I can run on diagnosing.
I would personally fix what’s causing the crystallization and pull the lines and possibly doser and clean them with water, put them back on and perform my scr test and see what happens if it has been sitting a while
also check the screens at the DEF pump.
(08-02-2023 )pgls651 Wrote: [ -> ]Cummins ISX 15 cm2350. Hit the derate with a code I haven't seen before. 1682- Aftertreatment Diesel Exhaust Fluid Dosing Unit Input lines-Condition Exists.

Ive recently replaced the Doser. There is leaking/crystallization around the base of the pump module but not from any lines. And the truck has been sitting for a while. Any ideas that this could be a DEF pump failure? Ive never had the issue. I've got Insite, though not sure about tests I can run on diagnosing.

just a guess, but pull the def lines and make sure they aren't clogged up, like Bengy88 said. Did you look up that code on Quickserv and follow the troubleshooting steps?

also, wouldn't hurt to check the wiring for the DEF pump and such. Dunno about the 2350, but my 2250 has relays and fuses for that inside my battery box and I think it's controlled by the DCU which is also (on my truck) located near the battery box under the cab. Those DEF lines, and the tank too, all have heater elements that work to keep the DEF from freezing.
Reference URL's