Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: CM870 Turbo controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently discovered that my turbo controller on my 2006 International 5600i had no air pressure regulator and was receiving a full 120psi air pressure from my tank. I checked the output to the actuator and it was getting 90psi. I added a regulator on the controller input side and adjusted it to 90psi. I'm still getting 90psi to the actuator and if i adjust the input regulator up or down in pressure the output is what ever i adjust the input to. I'm testing with the truck running at idle. Am i doing the test incorrectly or is it safe to say the controller is bad? Do the controllers on these engines have to be calibrated? The truck runs okay but i am seeing some black smoke from the exhaust when loaded and i'm only getting about 32psi for max boost. I have pressure checked the entire engine and replaced the CAC due to a leak i found.
Did you disconnect the actuator arm and make sure it's moving freely and it's full range of motion? They like to freeze up, especially if the truck sits for any length of time.
Reference URL's