Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: 2016 isx help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought a used 16 western star with a 600hp isx. It was demandated when I bought it. I knew nothing about demandated when I bought it. I just had to put a new pump, turbo, actuator and 3 new injectors into it. The shop I brought it to said they could not put the new trims in for the new injectors. After reading here it sounds like a bad demandate. EGR removed, exhaust is just pipe. Truck actually ran good but had a loping idle. Scared to run the truck now. How do I fix the demandate now.
(08-24-2023 )sledhead1 Wrote: [ -> ]I bought a used 16 western star with a 600hp isx. It was demandated when I bought it. I knew nothing about demandated when I bought it. I just had to put a new pump, turbo, actuator and 3 new injectors into it. The shop I brought it to said they could not put the new trims in for the new injectors. After reading here it sounds like a bad demandate. EGR removed, exhaust is just pipe. Truck actually ran good but had a loping idle. Scared to run the truck now. How do I fix the demandate now.

More than 90% of all de-mandate programs and methods that people come up with are very harmful to the engine over time.

Copy the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me for a review of what someone did. Then you can go from there.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid72945

===========
Also if injectors were replaced, before assuming its all good now, you should do a proper injector leak test like this video shows to ensure there are no issues with the new ones and that they sealed 100% properly to the feed tubes in the head...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid75483

==========

You also mentioned that it is straight piped. This could be a problem if someone unplugged everything under the truck when they did this. The J1939 network terminating resistor at the one end is under there. It is quite common for these moron repair/delete shops that do that kind of work, they unplug everything under there, and then you get ghost problems with the turbo, or repeated turbo failures, etc.. because the network is missing one of its terminating resistors, and now electrical noise in getting into it all the time.
Here is a related post on this, and yeah.. you should check that J1939 resistance too...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid67656
Thanks for the reply. Yes it looks like they just removed the harnesses under the cab. They are just open connectors dangling there. I cant click on link you posted, the first 2 work but the last one says i dont have permission. Can anyone help point me to what connector i have to put the termination resistor in? Where do i get one?
(08-25-2023 )sledhead1 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply. Yes it looks like they just removed the harnesses under the cab. They are just open connectors dangling there. I cant click on link you posted, the first 2 work but the last one says i dont have permission. Can anyone help point me to what connector i have to put the termination resistor in? Where do i get one?

your forum member status changes to 'established' after you post a couple many times. Looks like your last post did this.. so the link should work now for you.
Reference URL's