Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Truck running rough, no amber lites thu...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Truck run'n rough but no amber lites
Please look at attachments n tell me wht you think...
looks like some fuel pressure issues to me. hard to tell with only those screens and very limited info.
Would it show like that if i had low fuel in truck at time of reading.
Fuel rail pressure too low. Exhaust temp looks a little high unless it's doing a regen. Isn't the fuel rail supposed to be around 270 280?
(09-21-2016 )Dcolumbia Wrote: [ -> ]Fuel rail pressure too low. Exhaust temp looks a little high unless it's doing a regen. Isn't the fuel rail supposed to be around 270 280?
Yes and Yes.
I just noticed in the last photo,... he is at 100% engine load with only 60 psi fo rail pressure (way too low, should be 260+) and he is also only getting 16-lbs of exhaust BP. This means about 12 psi of boost. It should be more like 36+ lbs, or 100+ inhg on the manifold.

That truck is in a serious derate.
In so many words yal are saying get to a shop ASAP!!!!!
(09-21-2016 )Qman Wrote: [ -> ]In so many words yal are saying get to a shop ASAP!!!!!

Take it to Mr. Hag (atlanta), Unilevers (Indianna), or Gearhead (Maryland). They can get it sorted out.
One last question, will low fuel at time of reading cause the low pressure senor to be active?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's