Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: eabp 120 filter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well went to order some more filters for my bypass(have been trying for some time) and good old amsoil is out of the eabp 120 filters and has been on back order forever...... has anyone found a good replacement for the amsoil filters? I'm on my last one so i still got some time but at the rate that they are going it looks like i will need to find something else to use till they get back up.
Thanks. Steve
Amsoil recommends to replace eabp 120 filter every 100k or once a year, which ever comes first. My question is should I replace it at 1 year even I will put about 20k miles and about 1,000 hrs on the engine at one year on the filter. This is a dump truck and does a lot of city driving and I try to keep idling to a minimum but truck does idel at times. Just wanna get the experts opinion on this. Thanks
I dont think you can change your oil and filter too often, but you can sure do it too late and once damage is done its far more expensive with parts and down time then a good oil service more often would be.
(12-28-2023 )PolishHammer Wrote: [ -> ]I dont think you can change your oil and filter too often, but you can sure do it too late and once damage is done its far more expensive with parts and down time then a good oil service more often would be.

I'm not asking about my primary oil filters. This question is for bypass filter. I change my oil and filters every 300 hrs or so and I agree with you 100%, you can't replace oil and filters too soon. It never hurts
By-Pass Oil Filter Element Change Interval
The AMSOIL EaBP should be changed at every second full-flow oil filter change or a maximum of 60,000 miles (96,000 km) when using an AMSOIL Ea Oil Filter or Donaldson Endurance Oil Filter. When extending oil change intervals, using oil analysis is strongly recommended.

I guess your interval would be every 600 hours of operation according to your own information?
here is how to know how often to change the bp filter...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...95#pid9595
As I suggested to someone else on the forum,
Go to the AMSOIL web site and look up AMSOIL dealers in your area or state. Call or email, contact them and see if they have the filter you want. I understand it has been almost a year since AMSOIL has had the 120 filters in stock.

I have two of the filters in Texas, but I'm in Thailand right now.

I don't know these folks but here are two of the bigger dealers that have stores.
They both have YOUTUBE channels also.

AMSOIL Synthetic Warehouse
http://www.oilordering.com
1-800-579-0580
also has a YOUTUBE channel.

Best-Synthetic-oil.com
1-678-787-3028
also has a YOUTUBE channel.

If they don't have them maybe they know who might as they can check with there down line dealers.
Happy New Year and
Good Luck to you sir.
Just a heads up, the eabp120 filters are back in stock right now on the Amsoil website. I just bought some the week before Christmas. Looks like this morning it is still allowing them to be added to the cart.
Reference URL's