Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: INSITE procedure question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking at trip info in INSITE.
I left clicked and then clicked reset trip info, and the box saying turn key off came up.
I didn’t want to do that right then, so I red x’ed out of it without touching the key, and it started the 30 second countdown.
Then the box saying turn key on came up, and I red x’ed out of it.
It said trip data reset, and it is.
How did it do that without me turning the key?
Is it a problem?
I don’t mind that it reset. I’m just wondering how/why it did it without me cycling the key, and clicking ok.
Thanks
(08-26-2023 )Mrkentee Wrote: [ -> ]I was looking at trip info in INSITE.
I left clicked and then clicked reset trip info, and the box saying turn key off came up.
I didn’t want to do that right then, so I red x’ed out of it without touching the key, and it started the 30 second countdown.
Then the box saying turn key on came up, and I red x’ed out of it.
It said trip data reset, and it is.
How did it do that without me turning the key?
Is it a problem?
I don’t mind that it reset. I’m just wondering how/why it did it without me cycling the key, and clicking ok.
Thanks

I could be wrong, but I think the key cycle in not actually needed, at least for most changes. I remember seeing somewhere that requiring a key cycle can itself be disabled, possibly in some setting for the Insite program itself. I believe it's main purpose is allow enough time to pass from when the command is issued to when the data is updated, helps prevent people from making rapid changes based on data that could be out of date. Of course, I could be wrong.
Reference URL's