Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: How often do you change water separator filter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I changed my water separator filter about 15k miles ago and I don't see the diesel rising at all. I can't even see it past the black ring you tighten.I filled up with diesel half ways and when I started the truck it went down. Is there certain mileage you should start seeing the diesel rise? Do you change this filter every oil change or wait untill the diesel rises up to the black mark where it says 10 micron?
Mine does that too, after many weeks the level would finally become visible. You can just change it when the level gets up high enough, it's marked on there somewhere.
Ok cool I was getting worried there.
I changed the davco filter 3 weeks ago. just noticed it's up a inch or 2 this hitch. Davco says not to change it until the level reaches that top line.
I changed mine 1 1/2 months and it hasn't moved a bit.
Could be normal. I get 4.2mpg and use 160 gal a day, trucks ran everyday since so it only makes sense that mine might plug up quicker.
Jt84 are u using fuel additive right???? Seems to me that by using power service gray bottle the water separator stays low longer than wo it....
I change mine usually between 30-40 k miles and the engine fuel filter but not before the water sep gets filled with fuel....I drop fuel twice in these miles from it to clean the contamination .....
Since the water sep is 10 micro , the engine filter is 5 and I use most of the time the ff5686 that is longer than ff 5776((factory original)) for now 309k miles its fine..
(09-22-2016 )T680 Wrote: [ -> ]Jt84 are u using fuel additive right???? Seems to me that by using power service gray bottle the water separator stays low longer than wo it....
I change mine usually between 30-40 k miles and the engine fuel filter but not before the water sep gets filled with fuel....I drop fuel twice in these miles from it to clean the contamination .....
Since the water sep is 10 micro , the engine filter is 5 and I use most of the time the ff5686 that is longer than ff 5776((factory original)) for now 309k miles its fine..

No fuel additive here
You really need to be running an additive, especially if you are buying fuel from different sources.
Hands down, Power Service is the best on the market.
When you stop to think how much new injectors, actuators are to replace,
what's it worth to keep them healthy?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's