Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: cm2350 engine with cm2250 ecm ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all I have a 2007 ISX12 that Has no bearings left on the crank due to the air compressor breaking off the front cover and loosing all the oil. This engine was in a mci motor coach.

I found a 2017 ISX12 but it has a cm2350 on it. This engine was from a hiway truck.
I dont want to have to repin the cm2250 plug on oem side i just want to use the cm 2250 and the exisiting wiring harness so everything is oem. I have read posts that this can be done but im unsure of what is needed programing wise to make the engine run properly.
all emmisions are still on the bus, not sure if i want to keep them or do partial removal maybe just the add blue and the erg de mandated.

any input would be greatly appreciated.
The hard part is going to be getting him to work on a motorhome lol.
Typically one would demandate the engine (in countries where doing such is legal) so let’s assume you live in Australia….. if the engine blocks are the same one would need both engine serial numbers, they would need to know which turbo and other parts you are using on the engine and they would have to build you a custom file to run that 2350 with the 2250 ecm. The compression is gonna be higher and the turbo is gonna be different I know along with some other things. But yes it can be done.
(12-12-2023 )PolishHammer Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all I have a 2007 ISX12 that Has no bearings left on the crank due to the air compressor breaking off the front cover and loosing all the oil. This engine was in a mci motor coach.

I found a 2017 ISX12 but it has a cm2350 on it. This engine was from a hiway truck.
I dont want to have to repin the cm2250 plug on oem side i just want to use the cm 2250 and the exisiting wiring harness so everything is oem. I have read posts that this can be done but im unsure of what is needed programing wise to make the engine run properly.
all emmisions are still on the bus, not sure if i want to keep them or do partial removal maybe just the add blue and the erg de mandated.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

The ecm will run the new engine just fine. In fact, the proper thing to do is re-use the old ecm and wiring harness. You might have to replace the high pressure sensor for the fuel-rail to the older style if it does not plug in.

But you will also need a custom program made for it (I do about 10 or so a year for people with this situation). Compression ratio and a whole lot of other things internally are different.

I will need the old engine ser#.. and the new engine ser#. I will also need a copy of the program pulled from the ecm, as if it were still the old engine.
You guys are great. engine is on the floor new one beside it. Just needed to here the proper way to move forward. I'm not sure how to upload pics on here as I'm still learning how to navigate this site. Rawze I have pics of both engine tags and ecm tags. Here is the only other thing the original vgt is 24 volt so I have to use the old vgt the starter is also 24 volt this is why I was really hoping to use oem wiring same ecm. I can pull the files hopefully tomorrow off the 2250 ecm I will have to Bench it. Any tips on how to add a pic on here ?
(12-12-2023 )PolishHammer Wrote: [ -> ]You guys are great. engine is on the floor new one beside it. Just needed to here the proper way to move forward. I'm not sure how to upload pics on here as I'm still learning how to navigate this site. Rawze I have pics of both engine tags and ecm tags. Here is the only other thing the original vgt is 24 volt so I have to use the old vgt the starter is also 24 volt this is why I was really hoping to use oem wiring same ecm. I can pull the files hopefully tomorrow off the 2250 ecm I will have to Bench it. Any tips on how to add a pic on here ?

yeah, you will need to re-use the 24v components as well.

That would be the egr valve, turbo, and starter if memory serves me right.
so lots to change over on this engine so far starter vgt fuel transfer pump erg valve. and im looking into fuel solenoid, i would thing the sensors would be 5 volt reference and not to be changed ? my quick serve dont tell me nada useful. i was looking for a wiring diagram that would so voltages but having a hard time engine serial number is 75000037 if anyone has access to some information.
(12-13-2023 )PolishHammer Wrote: [ -> ]so lots to change over on this engine so far starter vgt fuel transfer pump erg valve. and im looking into fuel solenoid, i would thing the sensors would be 5 volt reference and not to be changed ? my quick serve dont tell me nada useful. i was looking for a wiring diagram that would so voltages but having a hard time engine serial number is 75000037 if anyone has access to some information.

most all of the sensors are 5 volts.
Reference URL's