Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: CM2250 coolant in oil after being jacked up high on front tires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello community members, I got 2013 Cummins ISX, I took the truck to get dyno done, it came out good. Then I jacked the truck up high by wooden blocks under the front tires to put the PTO on and unfortunately due to family issues, I wasn't able to drive for 4 or 5 month, so all these months truck was sitting on the blocks, and I recently finished the PTO, before starting the engine was doing a regular check for coolant/oil levels, saw the coolant reservoir is empty, checked oil dipstick and it's all milky, drained the oil pan, all coolant is mixed with oil.

Now I don't understand, the dyno came good and after I jacked the truck up high the coolant leaked inside, what could be the issue here, so puzzled what could be wrong here, any help is appreciated.
dyno does not always reveal problems like that.

could be unrelated all together.

drop the oil pan ... put coolant in .. and pressurize the coolant system to 20-psi with a pressure test kit.. let it sit a few hours / over night, and find the actual issue.
Yup….. what rawze said. You should be able to Jack it up completely vertically and never loose coolant, much less into the oil. There was probably an existing issue that is just showing after the sitting for 5 months.
While your doing the pressure test pull the tube that goes from erg cooler to the intake see if it's wet.
Can you guys recommend me a good pressure testing kit that fits the coolant reservoir, i brought one kit and it's doesn't match the threads on the reservoir, can you guys help me with the kit information, thanks all i appreciate the help.
Harbor freight carries one with rubbee fittings that dont need threads, as infrequentky as I need it, it works good.
I’ve put a valve stem into the cap and it’s worked perfectly
I apologize for the late reply here, was stuck in family problems so wasn't really able to take a look at the truck, so my neighbor diagnosed the leaking oil cooler, so we replaced it yesterday, now the thing is how can i clean the milky oil thats inside the engine? I am using the old engine oil to flush it but i noticed the oil fill cap is blowing white smoke, its not blowby cuz it doesn't blows my cap when i leave the cap on, its just white smoke coming nd coming, any ideas what it could be, i am assuming engine is burning the moisture inside that is left from milky solution. No coolant loss as of yet, any ideas whats the white smoke and how can i better clean the engine from inside, thanks much to all fellow members
A... You need to use the 'cummins restore' products as they instruct for cleaning out the radiator.

and did you pressure test the entire system over night with 20-psi on the coolant system before calling it good?. Ensuring there no other issues once it was all back together?.

B... you need to pull a rod/main bearing and see how much excessive wear that coolant did to your engine. Coolant in the oil is worse than sand and wears engine out really really fast!. An analysis needs to be done to see the extent of damage/excessive wear. .. and a set of new rod-main bearings + new oil pump if copper is showing on the old bearings.

Flushing the oil system entails using light oil/diesel mix in garden sprayer for washing down the engine as best possible, all the internal surfaces top of head to the bottom of the engine with with valve cover and pan pan off it .. then doing oil changes at short intervals (every few thousand miles) until all the moisture, etc. is out. Usually takes about 3-4 oil changes.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's