Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Good morning curious about my Isx15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good morning everyone I got a 2015 kw t680 and in 2022 put a new egr cooler, doc,def filter. I just put new injector and fuel pump head about 2 weeks ago. I took a trip to Jacksonville Fla and got the code saying dpf when I hooked up insite. I took down the doc and dpf and took it back to the shop where I bought it. They baking the doc said it’s good and they say dpf has an internal collapse. They saying it has a1year warranty just past my 1year but manufacturer said send it back . They would check it out and see about warranty claims. They say my only options buy a new one get a refund if they warranty it which can take up to 15 business days . What causes internal failure on a dpf filter. It’s not pushed out or anything? Let me know what y’all think thanks Nate.
Is the dpf an aftermarket?
(01-18-2024 )hhow55 Wrote: [ -> ]Is the dpf an aftermarket?
Yes
I bought them together dec22. Doc is fine
Aftermarket anything you're just pissing $$$ away... jumping over a dollar to save a dime..
There is reasons they are cheaper.. less precious metals... less effective .. and in the end, noting but complete headaches and garbage.

A smart business owner of commercial equipment that has to make those thin profit margins work for them, means investing in maximum up-time and minimum repeat failures. This translates into NOT trying to save $$$ on after-garbage crap.

As with ALL the critical components that can leave you to the lurch ... its OEM or nothing. People always tend to find this out the hard way, especially by the time they find my forum, after all the problems and regrets have started to set in.
Rawze I had just replaced a leaking injector and had to replace the fuel pump head as well. I’m thinking that may have something to do with the filter cause it’s been in there a year and a month . Truck had an exhaust leak at egr fixed that and replaced the injector. I have a 3year unlimited mileage warranty on it. I sent it back to the manufacturer . Well will see what happens. Thanks for your input.
Leaking injector wouldn't do much the system sprays diesel into the dpf to do the burn. Oem parts is the cheeper route when it comes to down time. Oem filters and parts and good oil and grease and your uptime and making money not sitting cause of aftermarket.
Reference URL's