Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Isx cm871 chirping at idle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, we've got a 2009 kenworth t800 with an isx cm871. There's a loud chirping noise at idle coming from the driver's side of the engine. I've narrowed it down with a stethoscope to an area on the head next to where the jake harness goes in. We've just put 2 new cams and rockers since the old cams were very chewed up but that didn't fix the noise. Injector cam bearings looked alright and weren't changed. Ran it with the valve cover off and all the injector cam journals are getting plenty of oil (doesn't look like a spun cam bearing). When you rev it past 1200 rpm the noise fades away. This truck had no emissions when we bought it used. Any clue what it my be or what I should look for?
if it has been deleted.. then you also need to have the program reviewedto ensure it is not causing any harm.

copy the program out of the ecm and e-mail it tome for a review.

Could it be the fuel pump chirping?.

Maybe a worn out valve or injector?.

could be several things including a cam bearing slipping.

It can even be one of the injector lifter spacers wearing out and catching the arm ... although that is not common.

Maybe a valve seat or valve spring wearing out.

is the crank case filter a maintenance free one, or drilled out?. -- As any crank case fumes pressure buildup will starve the top end of oil.

Maybe a worn out valve or component in the IFSM?.

it can be a lot of things.

is it an OEM head?... or something else?.
The crankcase filter has been gutted and it looks to be an oem head from what I can tell
Reference URL's