Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Looking for opinions /experience with aftermarket exhaust manifolds - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Looking for opinions /experience with aftermarket exhaust manifolds (/showthread.php?tid=2169)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Looking for opinions /experience with aftermarket exhaust manifolds - Shandro - 09-25-2017

Wouldn't the turbo fail faster by putting a sock on it because it retains more heat?

RE: Looking for opinions /experience with aftermarket exhaust manifolds - Unilevers - 09-25-2017

heat drives turbo's, the less heat lost through the metal the more efficient it becomes.

i use the full tilt ones (the PP on is a full tilt one just resold). It is only useful on a large HP truck and the gains are not really seen until very high HP levels. If your wanting it to help a normal everyday stock truck your wasting your money.

RE: Looking for opinions /experience with aftermarket exhaust manifolds - Longshot - 09-26-2017

Thanks All!
You have answered my question.

RE: Looking for opinions /experience with aftermarket exhaust manifolds - dhirocz - 09-26-2017

I was considering using exhaust heat wrap on my manifold next time it came off...in part because I have a ton of the good stuff lying around...I'd do that before ever considering another manifold.