Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Replaced your vibration dampener? Let me know if it did any good. - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask Your question... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Replaced your vibration dampener? Let me know if it did any good. (/showthread.php?tid=1297)

Replaced your vibration dampener? Let me know if it did any good. - preacherboy24 - 12-30-2016

I am about to replace my vibration dampener and want to know if you did yours....how much of an improvement did it make?

Yes....I will paint it.

RE: Replaced your vibration dampener? Let me know if it did any good. - Signature620 - 12-30-2016

Do you have any symptoms at the minute or are you just replacing it as a preventative measure?

RE: Replaced your vibration dampener? Let me know if it did any good. - Brock - 12-30-2016

I replaced mine with a vibratech one. I also did the cam at the same time which was bad so I can't say if it made any noticeable difference.

Just peace of mind for me. I forgot to buy the balance master for it and don't feel like taking it off again, about to put both on my c15 when I rebuild next ween as the trucks got 1.2 mill.

RE: Replaced your vibration dampener? Let me know if it did any good. - preacherboy24 - 12-30-2016

(12-30-2016 )Signature620 Wrote:  Do you have any symptoms at the minute or are you just replacing it as a preventative measure?

Its one of those it probably needs it but I wont know until I put one on. That is why I'm asking people who have done it if they noticed a difference. I have read posts where people were thinking something was wrong with their transmission but changed out the balancer and problem solved. I have vibrations but have always had them. I have a little over 900k on the truck so I think its time to replace it.

RE: Replaced your vibration dampener? Let me know if it did any good. - marek4792 - 12-30-2016

Mine was making a loud knocking noise around 1600rpm when it went bad and inevitably blew up.

RE: Replaced your vibration dampener? Let me know if it did any good. - Waterloo - 12-31-2016

Cummins says replace every 500,000 miles... They wear out, the viscous fluid that does the balancing act drys out, and then the fun begins... I was continually losing the top adjuster pulley on my ISX, really chewing up belts. I changed the damper and that problem is gone. Also the motor really smoothed out, it had a vibration to it, that went away. Also the sound of the motor smoothed out, hard to explain, but it sounded different in a good way. I am glad I did it. When you paint, mark the timing markings in a different color for easy identification and then clear coat it.

RE: Replaced your vibration dampener? Let me know if it did any good. - preacherboy24 - 12-31-2016

(12-31-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  Cummins says replace every 500,000 miles... They wear out, the viscous fluid that does the balancing act drys out, and then the fun begins... I was continually losing the top adjuster pulley on my ISX, really chewing up belts. I changed the damper and that problem is gone. Also the motor really smoothed out, it had a vibration to it, that went away. Also the sound of the motor smoothed out, hard to explain, but it sounded different in a good way. I am glad I did it. When you paint, mark the timing markings in a different color for easy identification and then clear coat it.

Already go the paint.......